RTTOV v13 error: the environment variable RTTOV_GUI_PREFIX is not set

Satellite Application Facility for Numerical Weather Prediction Forums RTTOV Older Versions RTTOV v12 RTTOV v12 General Discussion RTTOV v13 error: the environment variable RTTOV_GUI_PREFIX is not set

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bart QuainkBart Quaink
    Participant

I compiled RTTOV succesfully yesterday. I set the GUI path in “rttov_gui.env” correctly, all following the “RTTOV GUI v13” guide. But when running “rttovgui.sh” there is a single errpr:

ERROR: the environment variable RTTOV_GUI_PREFIX has not been set

While it is correctly set in the rttov_gui.env. I am not sure what is going on. I installed the correct libraries using miniconda, and compiled hdf5 using the same gfortran compiler, which was an issue before compiling.

The error message doesn’t say anything more as well, so I’m not sure what to do now.

Thanks for any help, I’m new at compiling this so I’m a bit lost.

James HockingJames Hocking
    Keymaster

Hi Bart,

You need to source the rttov_gui.env script to modify your environment:

$ source rttov_gui.env

You should then be able to run the GUI.

Best wishes,
    James

Bart QuainkBart Quaink
    Participant

Hi James,

I ran that before, and got/get

`bash: /usr/people/quaink/rttov130/gui: is a directory

I tried running as ./rttov_gui.env and got a permission error, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for the help,
    Bart

James HockingJames Hocking
    Keymaster

Hi Bart,

I can replicate your error if I leave a space in between “RTTOV_GUI_PREFIX” and the path to my rttov/gui/ directory: can you check to see if you have a space there and if so remove it.

Then you’ll need to source it as above (the script is not intended to be executed and hence does not have executable permissions).

Best wishes,
    James

Bart QuainkBart Quaink
    Participant

Hi James,

I solved the issue.

I had my pathing set starting with a single ‘/’, it was solved when I changed it to ‘///’. Probably changes something in the directory tracking or something, but at least it got solved and it’s working perfectly now.

Thanks,

Bart

edit: I see your comment now, that works as well. Glad it’s working now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.