Verifying RTTOV Run

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SWADHIN SATAPATHYSWADHIN SATAPATHY
    Participant

I have been successfully using pyrttov wrapper to run the RTTOV model to generate the TOA radiances (and BT). However, something came up in my recent work for which I need to ensure that I am running it using the correct configuration and that the model is giving the expected output. Is there a way I can do it? Is there any source where I can get test profiles along with their outputs in a particular configuration to try to replicate the results?

James HockingJames Hocking
    Keymaster

Hi,

You could do something like this using the RTTOV test suite. The document docs/rttov-test.pdf describes the test suite. You need to get one or more sample input profiles into the required format. I would recommend copying an existing test definition and adapting it to your case. When you run the test using rttov_test.pl, you should specify all relevant options on the command-line. You can then compare the test suite output with your own code for the same profile(s) to ensure they are identical.

The alternative is to ensure every option and input profile variable has been set correctly in your code. Check the details of these structures in the relevant Annex of the user guide to ensure you have not missed any relevant option or input profile variable.

Best wishes,
    James

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.