Request for RTTOV Coefficient Files for ATMS/NOAA-21

Satellite Application Facility for Numerical Weather Prediction Forums RTTOV RTTOV v13 RTTOV v13 General Discussion Request for RTTOV Coefficient Files for ATMS/NOAA-21

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EUNJIN KIMEUNJIN KIM
    Participant

Dear NWP-SAF community,

Hello, I’m Eun-Jin Kim.

I am reaching out to request RTTOV coefficient files for ATMS/NOAA-21 data.

I have already confirmed the availability of SRF data for ATMS/NOAA-21 on the website,
    but unfortunately, I couldn’t find the “rtcoef_noaa_21_atms.dat” file.

Additionally, I would like to request rtcoef files for both “RTTOV 12 and 13 versions”.
    If anyone has the relevant information or knows where I can find these files, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help,
    and I look forward to any guidance or information you can provide.

(I tried to use the help desk, but encountered an error when creating a ticket,
    so I couldn’t post a message there..)

Best regards,
    Eun-jin Kim

EUNJIN KIMEUNJIN KIM
    Participant

Dear NWP-SAF community,

Hello, I’m Eun-Jin Kim.

I am reaching out to request RTTOV coefficient files for ATMS/NOAA-21 data.
    I have already confirmed the availability of SRF data for ATMS/NOAA-21 on the website,
    but unfortunately, I couldn’t find the “rtcoef_noaa_21_atms.dat” file.

Additionally, I would like to request rtcoef files for both “RTTOV 12 and 13 versions”.
    If anyone has the relevant information or knows where I can find these files,
    your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help, and I look forward to any guidance or information you can provide.

(I tried to use the help desk, but encountered an error when creating a ticket,
    so I couldn’t post a message there..)

Best regards,
    Eun-Jin Kim

James HockingJames Hocking
    Keymaster

Hi Eun-Jin Kim,

NOAA-21 ATMS coefficients based on measured spectral responses are available in these tarballs

v13pred: https://nwp-saf.eumetsat.int/downloads/rtcoef_rttov13/rttov13pred54L/rtcoef_mw_rttov13pred54L_srf.tar.bz2

v7pred: https://nwp-saf.eumetsat.int/downloads/rtcoef_rttov13/rttov7pred54L/rtcoef_mw_rttov7pred54L_srf.tar.bz2

It is recommended to use the SRF-based coefficients. If you want to use top-hat pass band coefficients then you can use the NOAA-20 files (renamed/copied if necessary).

Best wishes,
    James

EUNJIN KIMEUNJIN KIM
    Participant

Hi James,

I confirmed the information you provided and it was exactly what I was looking for.
    Thank you so much for the detailed and kind explanation : )

Have a great day!

Best regards,
    Eun-Jin Kim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.